Saturday, August 2, 2008

Life Updates

Here is a little update on both of us:

Jared is still working in the Pulmonary Lab at the U of U Hospital and Huntsman Cancer Center. He is also busy with school, volunteering at a Spanish Interpruter at Primary Children's, and getting in lots of shadowing time with a Dentist (Thanks Dr. Morgan!) and an Orthodontist (Thanks Uncle Douglas!). He is working very hard to prep himself for Dental applications next summer. He will be taking his DAT (Dental Admissions Test) in the spring, so I sense some more stress will be coming his way around that time. I will probably take a short vacation a few days before he takes his test so that I am not a distraction for him and because a vacation is always a good idea :) Right now he is just finishing up the summer school semester. He will be taking his Organic Chemistry final on Monday and boy is he excited to get it over and done with! We will then enjoy a few weeks away from school before jumping back in for fall semester.

I just finished up my summer semester and am I enjoying it! Well, sort of. I have been picking up lots of extra shifts so I really don't get too much play time in....darn it! But I am excited to have a whole semester off! I have been going to school every semester the last couple of years, so I don't know what I am going to do with all my extra time! Wait! Yes I do! All those little projects that I didn't have time for during school. It will be nice to have them done and out of the way! I have one more class before I have my MLT (Medical Lab Technician) and they do not offer it until spring. It will very nice just paying for one tuition this fall. My life is based around work right now, so it is not very exciting.

Jared and I are living in a mother in law apartment in a backyard in Millcreek. It is about the size of a large shed, but we are usually there just to eat, sleep and shower so it works for our needs. We are hoping to get into a larger place next spring when our lease is up. That is about it. Just busy, busy, busy and enjoying anytime we actually get to spend with each other (which not near as much as we would like.)

2 comments:

Kateenie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I'm glad I chanced upon your blog. Enjoy your semester off!

cami said...

congrats on getting a blog!