Wow...the time really does fly by! But is has be wonderful....most of the time :) He is a really good baby and is on a pretty consistent schedule for the most part. He mostly eats at 9, 1, and 5, with an ocassional "snack" during the day. Usually after the 9 o'clock AM feeding, he is awake most of the time until 1. And sleeps most of the afternoon and most of the night. We have had some nights where we feels like he needs to be up every 2 hours, and those nights wear on me a bit. At least I am used to not getting the best sleep since I work graveyards. I can see where people who are used to sleeping a solid 7-8 hours a nights with have a hard time with it. The only thing that kind of bothers me during the morning hours, is while he is awake, he wants to be held most of the time. Makes it a bit challenging to get things done. But if I put him in his front carrier and keep him with me, he is usually pretty good.
He is such a strong little guy! He is already very curious about everything around him and is becoming a champ at holding his head up for longer periods of time. He has also had a very strong grip from the beginning and if I don't keep his nails trimmed, when he grabs my chest while he is feeding it pokes and pinches. Not a pleasant feeling at all. He has grabbed daddy's chest hair a few times and daddy doesn't like it too much :) Also, if you put any type of pressure on his feet, within a minute he will push back on you or push himself upright.
He also has some awesome facial expressions. He is going to be a riot when he learns to control it. He has been giving up little half smiles the last few days so I am hoping within a week he will be smiling! And I can't wait until he starts laughing. I think baby laughter is one of the cutest things out there!
I don't have any current stats on him, but at his 2 week check up, he was up to 20" and 7 lbs 12 oz. (+2" and +10 oz)...not too shabby. Another funny fact is that when his 7 month old cousin Maia stopped by with her parents, her and Jamison's hand were just about the same size! And he has some good sized feet for such a little guy! The newborn nurses that cleaned him up after his was born said he looked like a puppy :) I just hope he grows into them like puppys do.
And now the pictures!!
I set him down to sleep and when I came back later to check on him, this is what I found.
My parents and Eric were able to make it up for a day to meet their grandson and they brought the two new pooches with them. The three were a riot to watch playing. Livingston was in heaven and slept the whole day after they left.
The following weekend we surprised my parents with a three day visit. They had no idea we were coming, but I think they enjoyed it :)

P.S. Halloween is almost here!!!








1 comment:
Cute pics! I can't believe he's that old/big already! Time is literally flying....
Post a Comment