Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where to start?

In March we had family come down to see us twice!  The first visit was from Grandma Sandi.  We had a lot of fun for several days just relaxing in the fantastic weather and enjoying having the company.  We spent part of one day at the zoo.  I don't have any pictures with Grandma, but I promise she was there.  Jared has quite a good turkey gobble and he and this turkey were having quite the conversation. After a few minutes a crowd gathered to watch them :)

Riding the "horse" next to the horse.

This little guy would live outside if we let him!  This plastic golf set quickly became one of his favorite toys.


He also loves to wear "shoos" (emphasis on the "sh") whenever he can get his hands on them.  When you ask him if he wants to go outside he says yes and then runs to the coat closet (aka shoe closet) and says "SHoo, SHoo, SHoo.." until you get them on.  He is such a riot.....most of the time :)
Our next visitors were Jared's parents and brother Jon and his family.  They arrived on Saturday afternoon during Conference weekend.  I worked Saturday night so I was not really around the first day.  Jared made them breakfast and we got a cable so we could transmit conference on our computer to our TV so we did not have to go to the stake center to watch it.  Jared also got lunch/dinner cooking in the crockpot.  Have I mentioned what an amazing husband I have?  Not only is he willing to cook he is very good at it!  Later on Sunday Jon and his family went to visit some extended family so we could do the Easter Grandma and Grandpa brought.


One of the gifts was a bubble wand which Jamison is always a HUGE fan of!

Can't forget out Livingston, our loveable pooch.
This picture cracks me up everytime I see it!  Both my guys working on their cars :)  Jamison has been mimicking us more and more.  The other day while we were shopping I grabbed some deodorant and Jamison wanted to hold it (like everything else I put in the cart).  Before he put in the cart he put it in his shirt and put some on.  At least you know we use deodorant :)

While they were here we also went to the zoo with everyone, to the Scottdale Fashion Mall (it is huge), and they took their kids to the Stuffington Bear Factory.  The last night they were here we went to the Mesa pagent.  I think it had a good message, but I personally like the Manti pagent better.
In case you haven't heard, we have some big changes coming our way soon.  Jared was accepted to the College of Dental Medicine-Illinois (CDMI) at Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois.  We are moving to Chicago!  Well, to the west of it.  I am SO proud of Jared!!  A ton of time, studying, research, and money went into this and it has paid off!  And it will literally pay off someday :)  Although we know Jared will probably make decent money after graduation, that is not the main reason why he chose this field.  He truly wants to help people, especially those less privelaged....more specifically the hispanic population.  He fell in love with their culture while on his mission and it will be his future mission to help educate them about dental health and why it really is important. 
We are excited for this next step, even if it does take us to colder weather again.  I guess our year in Arizona was so we could thaw before entering even colder territory :)  Our next step is to actually move there.  As of right now we have no idea when that will be.  I have applied for some jobs so hopefully something comes through.  If no job offers come we won't move until a couple weeks before school starts.  We are just hoping to get there and settled before he starts school.  We are hoping in the next few weeks to have more of an idea of when.  And the other thing hanging over our head is our current lease.  We need to figure out how to get out of that without having to fork out too much.  Lots of decisions to make, but we have a few months before we start stressing about it.  In the mean time we are LOVING the current weather and are getting as much outside time in as possible.  We are not swimming as much as Jamison would like (the water is too cold for me), but hopefully we will be here a couple more months so he can splash away!
We want to thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts that have been sent on our behalf the last year.  We REALLY appreciate it!!
Stay tuned for updates.....

No comments: