So, I have decided that I have to be one of the worst bloggers out there. I really do want to be good and post updates on life, but I never feel like there is much worth posting. But I will try to give it a whirl.
One of the reasons posts are far and few is because my schedule the last couple of months has been crazy! I have working average 15 hours of over time each week (most of it graveyard shifts), juggling 3 classes, and fixing up my grandpa's duplex so we can move in. It has been a while since I have just sat down to have a moment for me. Right now I am actually at work and if all works out I will be able to finish this sometime tonight.
I mentioned we are fixing up my grandpa's duplex and I am so exciting that it will be done in a week! We are finishing up caulking the cabinets in the kitchen, will then paint them and the rest of the kitchen, touch up the paint through out the rest of place and Jared's brother will be installing the carpet a week from today! I can't wait! It is nice to finally see our hard work paying off. The other good news is that our place has been leased and we can move out! The tricky part is that we are moving in right after our carpet is installed on Saturday the 27th. It is a good thing we are only a few blocks away. Moving should not take too long. It is the putting stuff away that is the time consuming part. But I am still super excited! I will try and post some before and after shots after we get our internet transferred to our new place.
Jared and I are both working away and doing the school thing. Between our work and school schedules we get to spend a few hours together on Saturday and Sunday night and from 4 o'clock on on Fridays. It is not much, but we do our best to spend that time together and put homework to the side. Most of the time has been spent on the duplex, but we try to make some time just being together. It will be nice to have this project done with.
That's all in this neck of the woods! Until next time!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! You've been really busy. Your lucky to be alive.
I'm excited for your move. No pressure, but I'm holding you to the posting of before and after pictures.
Good luck with the move!! I'm sure you'll have lots to post about soon. Picture of your new place. And come one, with Halloween coming up... I can't wait to see what you two come up with for costumes!
Wow... typing is not my strong point today.
That should be 'pictures' with an 's' and it should be 'come on' not 'come one'...
:)
Post a Comment