Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time to Catch Up!

This post may get a bit lengthy. We have some happy things to share and some not so happy things to share. I am sorry if it seems a bit scattered. My mind was kind of all over the place. Seems to be doing that a lot lately.

I AM WITH CHILD

In case you didn't notice the stork to the left..........we are expecting our first child in early April! We are very excited! It is definitely going to be a change, but a good change.

SCHOOL & WORK

Jared I have been doing well..,,just still busy. We each had a couple of weeks off from school before a new semester started. We have been in school a few weeks now, so things are starting to pick back up. Jared has decided not to apply to dental school this year. He is going to finish up his Economics degree at the end of spring semester and will take the DAT shortly thereafter. He will make a decision around then if dental school is still what he wants to do or if he wants to pursue a masters, and possibly PhD in economics. He really enjoys both so has been comparing the two. I will just have to wait and see what he decides. I am fine either way.

As far as my schooling.............since he is waiting another year before applying, I am able to spread my classes out over 3 semesters instead of 2. It would have been possible to do it in 2, but I decided it was best not to stress myself out. This way I can do school and also do some things I have been wanting to do, but have not had the time because of all the previous crazy semesters. Stuff like: learn to play the piano, do some sewing, complete some other craft projects, read books for fun, and find some fun recipes! I am excited to do something I find fun for a change! Good news! I took my MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) registry a few months ago and have been job hunting since. I finally found a job! It is still at Primary Children's Medical Center, and is still the graveyard shift working 7on/7off, but it is in Microbiology. Something that relates to my schooling!! I am excited for a change and the extra pay is going to be a definite bonus!

EMERSON J CUFF

Last week Jared and I went down to St. George for my nephew's funeral. My broth Jonathan and his wife Jaci had the unfortunate experience of burying their baby boy, Emerson. About half way through the pregnancy it was discovered that he was not producing enough amniotic fluid. After Jaci had the painful ordeal of going through and amniocentesis and testing was done, the doctors said his kidneys had failed. Because of his kidney failure, he was not able to creat the fluid necessary for healthy lung development. The doctors told them he would not live long after he was born. At about 32 weeks, Jaci went into labor naturally and they were able to hold him for about 45 minutes before he passed away into our Heavenly Father's arms. It has been a difficult time, but hte knowledge that thye will see him again and will have the opportunity to raise him, has been a great comfort and is helping them get through this. It doesn't take away the pain of losing a child, but it definitely helps the healing process. I think the hardest thing for me was to see my big brother and his wife so sad and longing to have their little boy with them.

They had a little viewing for fmaily before we headed to the cemetery. It was a very emotional time, but did have a sweet moment. Right before the casket was closed, Jonathan, Jaci, and their little girl Emma took a moment to say goodbye. They had a little teddy bear in the casket and Emma said something like, "Hold Emerson bear." Jaci handed it to her and she held it for a second, kissed it, put it into Jonathan's face and he kissed it oo and then she went to put it back into the casket. It definitely brought some tears to my eyes.

The burial was short and sweet. Jonathan and Jaci each spoke and shared some tender, personal thoughts with us. I had Emma and she actually stayed pretty still for most of the time, which was a bit unusual for her. Afterwards, their ward was nice enough to provide lunch for the family and friends that wanted some. It was nice to around family and just enjoy each other's company. I was able to play with the 3 nieces (Christine, Emma, and Misa) for a little bit which was fun! We went to a spot in the church that was between the inside doors and outside doors. It had tall ceilings so it amplified every sound they made. The girls had a lot of fun with that! They kept running back and forth and yellling. I didn't mind and it gave the mom's a little break.

A sad day with some sweet moments.

CALIFORNIA TRIP

We had the opportunity to go on a vacation in between semesters. We drove down to Vegas to my families, stayed the night, and the next morning we left at 6am with Loralie, Eric, and his friend and drove to California! When we got there, we went straight to Six Flags! I was a lot of fun! I had not been there since 6th grade and Jared had never been there. We were due for a fun rollercoaster adventure! We went on lots of rides, ate lots of not good for you food, and were exhausted by the end of the day.


The next morning we slept in, ate breakfast, and then headed down to Huntington Beach. We chose there since they have fire pits and smores on the beach are a must! It was a great day to be there, even if it was little crowded. Jared had never had a proper beach experience so I showed him the ropes. I taught him how to boogey board and he did great for a first timer :)





We enjoyed the water, the same, and when the sun went down, we enjoyed some roasted hotdogs and smores......YUM!!! It was a fabulous day of relaxation and fun!



The next day we headed back toward Vegas, but stopped in Calico ghost town on the way. It was kind of fun, but I don't need to go back anytime soon :) Although, the boys seemed to have a fun time. We stayed in Vegas another day and then headed back to SLC. We had an extra day before we had to be back to work, which was really nice. A little vacation from our vacation :)
There has been a lot more going on, but I think that is a good catch up point.
Well, that's all folks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geeze! It's about time you got something posted!

Cameron and Nonie said...

Hurray for a baby! We're only a month apart. One of these days you're really going to need to come and see me. I'll have a room ready for you in just a few months.

Tell Jonathan I'm so sad for him. I'm still crying, that's so hard to go through. Love you and all your family and hope that things go well for you this semester.

cami said...

congrats on expecting..... That is so exciting.