Sunday, May 30, 2010

Baby Blankets, Mother's Day, Livingston

Baby Quilt

So a few months ago I thought it would be fun to have a few days of sewing fun with my "other" mom who knows a few things about the fabric and thread world :) Southwest was having another fabulous sale so I was able to fly down. Although, I decided that when we do this again next year that I should drive down so we have two sewing machines. Two people and one sewing machine just makes things go a bit slower. The main plan was to make a baby quilt and a couple of smaller blankets for our little guy. Thankfully Loralie was willing to put together the two smaller blankets. You see, I wanted them made with one side minkee and the other side satin. Neither one is very easy to work with, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how they turned out. While she was working on those I started the quilt. With some very helpful hints from Loralie along the way, I was able to put together the quilt mostly by myself. I was very pleased with the finished project. The picture is of the quilt top. It was sent to be professionally quilted since I don't have the patience to quilt by hand, and it will last longer. Once the quilter is done with it, I asked Loralie if she would bind it for me. Which she said she would.....THANK YOU! That is my least favorite part :) I am super excited to see it when it is finished!

My Masterpiece :)

The two smaller, super soft and silky blankets......I want one :)


We also had time to get started on the bumper pads. I looked at some patterns online, but could not find one I liked, so I came up with my own. We were not able to finish them, but I got the padding into the two end pieced and stitched the top part of the two longer side pieces. I am really excited on how the turned out!

,



MOTHER'S DAY
This year we put in some physical labor for my mom and helped a good family friend put up her fence. Well, Jared helped put up the fence, while I did some light weeding. I am so used to getting in and helping with the bigger stuff, so it was strange to just kind of hang out. I do have pictures, but not on this computer. Maybe I will remember to put them up next time.
For Loralie I made a cross stitch that I started, oh, over a year ago. I was supposed to be for mother's day last year, but with school and everything, I never got around to finishing it. I didn't take a picture, but I was pleased with how it turned out.
And on Mother's Day we had dinner and visited with Jared's family. Below are some pictures from that day.....enjoy!











Livingston
Our lovable pooch :)
We thought it would be funny to get each of the "grandmas" a "paw" painting from their favorite grand-pup. It got a bit messy, but the final pictures were fun. Each grandma got a kick out them. I just wish I had taken a picture. How about I just show you a picture of him :) I love when he cocks his head like this. And he does it quite often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya' know,.... if you compare those last two pics of your post (you and Livingston)... you can sort of see the family resemblance. = 0

Jaci said...

The baby blankets turned out great. So cute!

Emily said...

Great job on the sewing projects!

Hillary said...

You look so cute with your little belly! Love the blankets. How are you doing?