Friday, June 11, 2010

Wow......already?

So, I am officially in my 3rd trimester! Time has just flown by! And with June being a busy month, Jared taking his DAT in the middle of July, moving the end of July, getting the nursery set up, starting my two classes August 23rd, and just getting everything in order before he comes, I have a feeling the last 3 months are just going to fly by!
I was taking pictures to post some stuff on KSL and remembered to have Jared take an "official" 26 week belly shot. During the last month I definitely grew. I am a little nervous about what 3 more months of growing will do, but as long as I don't end up being bed-ridden for some reason, I think I will survive :)


As first time parents, Jared and I continue to get advice from all sorts of people. My cousin was nice enough to pass along this book to us. It is a good read and I think it should be on every first time parent reading list. It is a great summary of things you should and should not do with your baby. It's a good thing I read this or I may have made a few "mistakes" myself :).



"The Wheel of RESPONSIBILITY"
This little contraption is going to save us a lot of arguing :)











Lots of great advice, huh? :) I will definitely be passing this on to the next first time parent I come across.

Random Thoughts

So far this pregnancy was only terrible for the 6 weeks I was sick as could be. I have not had any weird cravings. Any strong smell sometimes gets to me (even good smells). I am gaining weight at an appropriate rate and at my 25 week appointment my belling was measuring right on. I can tell my hips have widdened and I have a bit of a pregnancy walk now. I love being able to feel him move! Yesterday was probably the most I have felt him in one period of time. My placenta in frontal so it made the smaller movements hard to feel early on, but I definitely feeling the kicking and punching now. I love watching my belly poke in and out. He gets a bit shy when dad wants to feel him, but I think he has been able to a few times. Both of our families have strong genes so we joke about who is going to win out. I keep feeling like he is going to take after his daddy. I hope he gets his daddy's olive skin tone. We hope some random tall gene will come into play. Is hoping he will be at least 5'7" asking too much? I wouldn't mind if he got some of my curl in his hair. I have gotten really bad craps in my calves a few times. No fun at all. I DO NOT like cottonwood trees. My allergies have been crazy! I am hoping I only have to deal with it a couple more weeks. I think Jared is going to make an amazing dad. I am excited to watch them bond. I am excited to be a mom! It is going to be crazy, but I am going to enjoy the ride!

6 comments:

Amber Blair said...

You look SOOO cute!! I love that book, it made me laugh!! I hope the time continues to go by fast for you, the last 6 weeks always seem to drag for me. Can't wait to see him!!

J and L said...

Where can I get that book?!?!!! That's awesome... And yes, you look great! Just wait. Just when you think your belly can't get any bigger, it does... ;) Can't wait to see you two in about a week!

Anonymous said...

No matter how busy you are, the last month takes about a year... just so you know, you adorable pregnant woman!

Cameron and Nonie said...

You're hilarious and you're going to be a GREAT mom. Can't wait to meet the little man. Oh, randomness: met Jonathan at the Gas Station at Big Rock Candy Mountain. Crazy huh? Don't forget you need to come and visit your grandpa and come see me too. ;)

Emily said...

You look so amazing! Seriously, what a cute picture!!!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

haha I love the pics! I will have to show Jeff he will love them. haha