It was so much fun playing in the water. It was a tid bit cold at times, but we got used to it. There were a couple of areas for younger kids that I thought were pretty cool. One had a pirate ship and another one was a Viking ship. There were some smaller slides also. Pedrito and Gaby had a great time! They did not want to leave :) The fun and games were not all for the little ones. There were a couple of grown up kid rides as well. The first one we went on was called the Anaconda. You could have 2 to 6 people in a large round tube. You rode the tube all the way up and then it dumped you in the slide. I just happened to end up going down the slide backwards so I had no idea what was coming up. You would go up on the sides and the tubes with more people in them would go farther up. The first time down was fun, but we got Pedro to go the second time and it was that much better! I can only imagine how it would be with even more! We played in the water a little more with the kids and then we started walking back down. On the way down Jared and Pedro went on a couple more rides while Maricela, Pedrito, Gaby and I went over to the carosel. Gaby wanted to ride it, but Pedrito was not so sure. When the guys got back Jared said it was lots of fun, so I braved the cold water again and went. And I am glad I did! The first one we went on two sat in a tube, one in front and one in back. When you first enter the slide you go almost straight down and then back up...that is when you enter complete darkness. It made the ride a lot more exciting! The next one you just rode alone on your back. It was fun, but I was flooded with water at the end and I thought I lost one of my contacts. But all is well. After another chilly water experience it was time to go to our roman tube. It was very nice. The warm water felt very nice! After that we got something to eat at a local resterant and then headed back to Toluca. When we got back to town we stopped at a jacket shop so I could get measured for one. Pedro knows a guy and I have been looking for a white or cream short trench like coat. Since I haven`t been able to find one, we are having one made.....at a very good price. We then went home and went to bed......
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Mexico - Day 7
This day was so much fun! We went to Ixtapan de la Sal with Pedro and his family. It is a resort type town which includes a waterpark and multiple spas. We first went to the spa to make a reservation for the roman tubes. They are individual rooms with a large hot tub type thing which is filled with natural thermal water. They refill the tubes after each use which I thought was nice. It was a very nice looking spa. After we made our reservation we had a few hours to play in the water with the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment