Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mexico - Day 8

Today was a casual day. We were able to go to Sacrament meeting at 9:00. I was glad we were here for a testimony meeting. I was able to understand very little, but the feeling was still the same. We did not stay for the rest of the meeting because I would not have any idea of what they were saying. We were able to come back to the house and just relax and to get caught up a little more on this. We had a little something to eat and Jared tried to get in a nap while I worked a little more on my blog. At about 2:00 we went to Soni`s home for supper. We ate a lot of food, passed out some gifts to a few people and then drove to Metepec. It is a town that has some modern parts and convienences, but it is still very traditional as well. There were some small shops along a couple of roads that had some fun things in them. We walked around for about 2 hours looking at the different items. Metepec is well known for their clay making and painting skills. There were some very beautiful things. We came back to Abue`s home and said bye to Gaby and Pedrito since we will probably not see them at all tomorrow. Pedrito said, "No quieres que te salgas. Quiero que te quedas con migo." which is basically "I don`t want you to go. I want you to stay here with me." At first they were not sure about us, but after a few days they warmed up to us. They are cute little kids....most of the time :) We visited for about 30 minutes and then they left. Abue, Titi, Jared and I drank some hot chocolate, ate some chocolates, and Mexican cookies. They talked about visas and such for a little bit and then Jared and I were able to relax a little, finally catch up on my blog, and now we are going to go to bed. Tomorrow we are going to Teotuachan and it is going to be a lot of walking and up and down and it would be nice to be rested.
Buenos noches.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Thank you so much for the yummy vanilla!!! You guys are the best:)