So I have had a few complaints that I do not update this enough......sorry. I just don't feel like there is much going on, but I will see what I can come up with.
The holidays were good for us. I had to work Thanksgiving and Christmas so we stayed in town. Everything was just really low key, which was nice. Southwest Airlines was having a sale so we were able to get round trip tickets to Vegas for $50 each. We decided it would be nicer to fly than drive this time......and it was! The only trouble was figuring out the dog situation, but that ended up working out in the end. We flew down on January 14th and were able to relax and get in a nap before heading to The Strip to use our Christmas gift from my my dad and Loralie.....tickets to The Lion King at Mandalay Bay!! Thanks again! The costumes were amazing and it was interesting seeing how they made some scenes possible. One of the most creative was the water buffalo stamped. We would definitely go see it again! The rest of the weekend we just mainly spent with the family, which was great! Friday night we went out with our fabulous friends Sephonnie and Josh. It is always fun to see them! Saturday we went with the family and endulged in the World Buffet at the Rio. It was definitely delicious, but I would not want to go there every week...or month for that matter. Sunday we did the church thing and then went on a hike at Red Rock.....love that place! One of these days we are going to take one of the more strenuous trails that requires more than a couple of hours. Monday morning we flew back to cold Salt Lake and jumped back into life.
Both of us are doing the school and work thing still. This is Jared's final semester of his undergraduate (WAHOO!) and this summer Dental School applications go in. We are very excited to be finally moving on to the next stage in our lives. We will at least have 4 more years of school (depending on if/what he specializes in). If we can survive 4 years of both of us being in school, surely we can survive having only one of us in school. Granted, it is definitely going to be a lot more time consuming, but Jared loves it so that will definitely make a difference. I wish I could say this was my last semester as well, but alas, I have 2 more classes hanging over my head and unfortunately, they only offer them in the fall. I will actually have a summer vacation!! I have been going to school non-stop for 3 1/2 years. It is going to be strange not having some assignment to complete or some test to cram for. Strange, but oh so nice. There are lots of things I would like to get done during that time. It will be the first time we have had school off at the same time for more than 3 weeks. Vacations......here we come!! Even it is just going up the canyon to camp for a couple of days......we are there!
A big change that might be coming soon is a move. We are highly contemplating moving to Vegas this summer. Dental schools get a lot of applicants from Utah, so it can look really good if you don't live here. Also, Vegas has a relatively small over-all population, so not as many applicants. And since Jared is going to be slammed with school for 4 years, I thought it would be nice to live where some family was. We have lived by Jared's family and my mom since we got married. I have enjoyed the fun times we have had with them, but it will also be fun to make some memories together with the other half of the family. Besides having my parents and Eric right there in town, Ben and Jonathan and their families would be living only and hour and half away, Ward and his family 3 hours away, and Melanie 2 hours away. I am super excited about it!! Ideally, we would like Jared to have a job lined up before he graduates. As soon as he has a job, I can start applying for jobs. With the field I am in, it should not take me as long to nail down a job. The other nice thing about moving to Vegas it that we may be able to purchase a house! The housing market down there is definitely for buyers right now. If all works out, we will move down there, stay in an apartment for 6 months to a year to save up for a decent down payment and start searching for a place. We would love it if Jared could get into UNLV and with a Nevada address they would take a closer look at him. We both feel really good about the move. We just hope it works out sooner than later. Only time will tell!
And I got a nice raise at work!! I love it when that happens!
A couple of weeks ago Jared started getting a sinus infection. He was at least able to manage it, but it was still not fun for a few days.
Last weekend I got the flu or some other illness and was down and out for several days. I feel a lot better now.
I will try and post some pictures later. I am at work and don't have access to them.
Well, that about sums up what's going on here. Hope all is well with everyone else!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's about freakin' time, young lady! Loved the post. Thanks.
It was good to hear what you've been up to! Hope things work out with moving, job searching, and school applications! Love you guys!
Post a Comment