Friday, February 19, 2010

Round 2

Well, it is official. I am pregnant again! We are about 10 weeks and are due September 17th. We are both very excited, but are a little anxious at the same time. We are trying not to focus on what happened before too much, but it can't be helped. I think once I reach 15 weeks I will calm down a little.....just a little :) This time I started feeling sick a few weeks earlier and have been really sick. On top of it I got the flu a few weeks ago which was not fun at all. My pillow and I were friends for almost 5 days straight. I have thrown up a lot more this time and this last weekend I had a couple days were I could not keep anything down....I mean anything! Even if I drank some juice it would come back up within 30 minutes. If I would have gone one more day like that I was going to the hospital. But thankfully I was slowly able to keep more down and today I actually feel quite good. In fact, I have not felt this good since I started feeling so bad. The few people that knew I was pregnant were telling me that being really sick meant it was a good, solid pregnancy, but I think someone made that up to try and make you feel better about feeling so crappy. I am just hoping that today is a good sign that the terrible nausea is ebbing and I will have more good days than bad days.

My first doctor's appointment is the 2nd of March and I am a bit anxious to get in there and take a look at our little one. One thing I love about my OB is that he takes a few ultrasound pictures at every appointment for you to take home. It it will be fun to have more than just words documented before the baby is born. Jared got me a digital scrapbooking program for me for Christmas and I am excited to use it! I have not had time with school and feeling crappy. My goal is to have all our old photos scanned and organized before summer so I can scrapbook like a machine all summer long. In between our fun outings of course :)

PS-One thing I am not excited about is that if we move to Vegas I am going to be in my last trimester during the hottest part of the year. I am super excited to be in the warm weather again, but I might being living in the cold grocery store during those months.

9 comments:

Amber Blair said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!! Some things that helped with my nausea were to take my pre-natal at night along with a vitamin b6 pill. Also, they say you can take a half of a unisom sleep pill and that helps with the nausea too. Hope that helps!!

J and L said...

Yay yay yay!! We are super excited for you two!! Yeah, the nausea is killer. People kept telling me that same thing about the sicker you are the more stable the pregnancy. I agree with you, not sure about how true that is, but for me it was. I was hardly sick at all before I miscarried, then when we conceived T, I was sick until around 20 weeks. So sick that I landed myself in the hospital one day. One thing my doc said to do was to take a Zantac before bed because that would help neutralize my stomach acids and make me feel a little less pukey and it helped a lot! I was less nauseated and could actually keep food down which then made me feel even less nauseated. I still had good days and bad days, but the good definitely out numbered the bad and the bad weren't nearly as severe.
We'll be praying for you two and your little one! Much love friends!

Cali said...

Congrats! I think it really is true- if you are more sick- it's a good sign! I hope all goes well- Good luck! Keep us posted.

Jaci said...

Yeah, so happy for you! Hope to be on that prego train soon:)

Cameron and Nonie said...

Congratulations darling! That's wonderful news. Sorry to hear you've been feeling so crappy though. Ick. Just make sure you find a house with a really good a/c unit, and a pool. ;)

Emily said...

congratulations!!! I'm so excited and happy for you guys! You better keep us updated on how things go :) Can't wait to see you guys in a couple months!

MommaMcCarthy said...

yay yay yay!!! so sorry you feel so sick... i find that exercise can help (though it's hard to get moving when you feel so awful) and eat CONSTANTLY. as soon as you feel yourself getting sick, just eat the first thing you can find until you can find something that sounds good. also, i would eat a couple of saltine crackers first thing in the morning, before even getting out of bed and i think that helped. (if you can hold your bladder long enough :D) best of luck!!

PS we need to get together for craftiness. you tell me when!
PSS i'm due August 29th ;)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for feeling crappy!! Just kidding....

Love your new blog background!

Jacquie said...

September is a good month, I only have about 20 birthdays in that month, could you do it early, August is open or late October isn't too bad. We are very happy for you!!