I FINALLY had my doctors appointment yesterday. I was supposed to have it on Tuesday, but he got stuck in Africa....go figure. It was actually the shortest wait I have ever had in a doctors office....only 5 minutes! I definitely was not complaining. They took all my stats and all looked good. My doctor came in, chatted a bit about how it was going so far and then I finally was able to see the little one. It had a nice fast heart beat and was moving around more than I expected. According to dates I am 11 weeks 5 days, but according to the baby's measurement, I am 12 weeks 3 days. Which actually made sense to me since I tend to ovulate sooner than most people (24 day cycle vs. 28 day cycle). He then reminded me of some important things I should and shouldn't be doing. He also decided to see us in 2 weeks instead of the typical 4 weeks to make sure all is going well and to give us some peace of mind. I really like him. If we do end up moving this summer, I really hope I can find a doctor just as good as him.
The only question I had for him was if going to Disneyland in a few weeks was okay :) And he said yes! Jared has never been and we were able to get free tickets through Disney's promotion "Give a day of service, get a day at Disney". And my grandma lives in Anaheim and is kind enough to let us stay at Hotel Pickens for a couple of nights. So other than gas and food expense and souvenirs, our trip isn't going to cost anything! I am really excited about it!
My only other thought at this point is I wish the semester was over.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
congrats I am so excited for you guys. hope this pg is good to you.
Hi Kathryn--your "aunt-in-law" here (I guess?). I occasionally jump to your blog from Loralie's, and it's been awhile since I've read it--I am so excited for you and Jared! What good news! Sorry you're feeling so yucky--I did too. All I can say is, "This too shall pass." The first trimester feels soooooo long when you're so nauseated, but it won't last forever. Take care of yourself! And congrats!!!!
YAY! So happy to hear things are going well!
Did you know we're planning on hitting Hotel Pickins and Disneyland when we're out that way to visit? We're also doing the Give a Day Get a Day thing... too bad we didn't coordinate to go together! Hope you guys have fun!!
The Hotel Pickens is up and running early this year. We are really glad to have everyone here this year, because next year the Hotel Pickens will hopefully, be closed at the California site.
Congrats Kat, I need more grands!
Post a Comment